Monday, May 26, 2014

Towel Day/Geek Pride Day 25-May

Yes that is right, May 25 came and went and I spent the whole day walking around and partying with a towel. Hopefully, this was a none holiday, Google recognizes it! But, if you didn't know, I am sorry, because I forgot to post this before hand.
But, for those who didn't know, let me catch you up!
Towel Day is Geek Pride Day. They are one in the same and resistance is futile. So if you haven't heard about, read about, or seen Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy... GO. NOW. DO THAT.

http://lemonly.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Towel-day-Infographic1.jpg

Basically Towel Day is celebrating Douglas Adams, the author of some hitchhiking related works, and to honor him you walk around with a towel. Yes, just your average bathroom towel will do. Walking around in your pj's and telling everyone not too panic is also acceptable. Hitchhike as necessary, and if you end up on the other side of the galaxy... DON'T PANIC. That is Towel Day in a nutshell. 
Oh, hey! Also there is a web site dedicated to Towel Day everyone should check it our to see what events are happening in their area (Yes, I'm talking to you Canada. And France. UK as well. Australia, you too. Yeah Indonesia. Yeah Netherlands. And, duh, right here in the US of A.)
By the way, I was just listing the people I have seen on the Towel Day websight, love to all my auidence<3
Now lets talk about Geek Pride Day.
http://geekholidays.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/200x200_geek_pride_day_logo1.jpg

This day is all about celebrating you and your geeky-ness. So celebrate! you deserve it!
This really is a year long celebration, because everyone should always be parading their pride, but this is our one day out of the year where we can just go bannas and geek ourselves silly.
So, again I am sorry for forgetting another holiday. Next year, I promise, I will be less forgetful. I feel so bad. But hey, if you went through May 25 unknowing of this wonderful holiday, you should pick a random day and just read something by Douglas Adams. For the whole day, just do it, trust me, you won't regret it.
But if that isn't your style, then you get out your geek gear and you parade your pride like there is no tomorrow. Because you are awesome and deserve to celebrate you geekitude!


http://24.media.tumblr.com/5b4b086c648dea82603d7518e7f94f27/tumblr_mvegm37CVL1rvzbdgo2_500.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment