Sunday, July 27, 2014

Has Anyone Seen Maleficent?

So let me start off by saying that I was super excited to go see this movie because I love Disney. When I was sitting down in the theater though, I had a terrible thought: what if this movie is going to be like Oz The Great and Powerful. For any one who didn't see that movie, don't. It was terrible and a disrespect to The Wizard of Oz, which is a timeless movie and deserved a way better spin off. 
Back to Maleficent. So I was terrified. After watching the movie though, I was stunned. The movie was perfect

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/98284859/large.gif

The story was great, (spoilers) you listen to the narrator who has the most captivating voice, it was like being a little kid listening to your grandmother tell you a story. But then it turns out the narrator is Aurora and that is just a lovely thing for me, watching her grow up and then listening to her tell the story about someone she loves. Speaking of love, "true love doesn't exist." Did this movie not have the most perfect turn around for that, you thought it was going to be the prince that she had met once. But it wasn't. And then you thought, maybe it was her pretty bird, maybe the love was more of a friendship sort of thing. But it wasn't. 

(SPOILERS, IT IS BASICALLY ALL SPOILERS AFTER THIS, JUST GO SEE THE MOVIE)

http://media2.onsugar.com/files/2014/03/18/885/n/1922283/14e3fc7333d2927c_Maleficent5.gif.xxxlarge/i/Stunning-Us-Silence.gif

It was a love that came from both of them taking care of each other. 
The development of their relationship was lovely. Watching how Maleficent at first loathed the child and then grew to love Aurora as she grew up under Maleficent's protection and care. And how Aurora changed Maleficent for the better.
The movie was real to me. There were no bad special effects that distracted me from the story. It was all beautiful, and the characters and the creatures were stunning. I have never been more instantly driven to want to cosplay then I did after watching that movie. If you have seen the movie can I just ask you: weren't everyone's eye's just lovely. Did you notice (mainly talking about Maleficent here) how her eyes changed with her mood? Oh it was gorgeous. And the scenery. Oh goodness. That was beautiful, and even that changed with Maleficent's character development.
There is another thing I am really proud about for this movie, and that would be the camera. When Aurora was asleep and the prince had just kissed her the camera stayed long enough on her face for you to think she was about to wake up. When she didn't you felt cheated a little bit. The camera was done so well in that scene. How it stayed on the characters faces just long enough to confuse you from guessing the plot. Because that is the worst thing a movie can do, is have the camera give away what comes next.

So basically what I am trying to say here is that this was a fantastic movie, I am definitely going to go see it again. I can promise you the first words you here will captivate you. And as soon as you see the world that they live in you will never want to be torn away.


1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for the movie too, but I had the same feeling about it and I thought against it but thanks to you I'm going to see it with some friends soon!

    ReplyDelete